Did you know that many of the products used to melt ice on sidewalks and steps can be harmful to pets, as well as small children and the environment?
Many de-icers are made with harmful salts. Rock salt and other salt-based ice melters contain sodium chloride or potassium chloride which can heat up to 175 degrees when exposed to water, ice, and low temperatures. Exposure to these salt-based ice melters can can be especially dangerous to dogs. The salts get frozen into the dogs paws and fur. When they are inside with higher temperatures, these salts can burn the skin causing ulcers and redness to tissue which can lead to bacterial infections. Dogs can also develop intestinal problems and inflammation of the stomach (gastritis) from licking the salt-based products off their paws.
- Guaranteed safe for pets and children
- Environmentally safe
- Won’t harm decking of any kind
- Safe on asphalt, concrete, and pavers
- Safe on plants and shrubs
- Proprietary traction agent (helps prevent
- slips and falls)
- Won’t stain or destroy flooring